Friday, June 13, 2014

Diablo, Hearthstone, and a Resub to WoW

Well, it has been quite some time since I posted, and I don't even know if anybody is still reading. If you are, then thanks for checking in from time to time.

Things I have been doing include the above.

In Diablo, I am at around paragon 330 or so and have all classes to level 70. All of the classes are capable of at least Torment 1, and most are able to do higher. My Barbarian and WD can do the highest torments out of the group as I have gotten a lot of pretty good gear on those two.

It isn't exactly a secret, but the Rift if Forward community in D3 is awesome. If you don't know about it, you essentially choose to be either a runner or a leecher. Runners run the Rift up until the Rift boss. When they get there, they fill their group with randoms out of RiF chat and select one to reopen. The leechers get free bloodshards and the runner gets a rift opened for free. I have been on both sides, and I must say that being a leecher is 100 percent the best way to gear a character. I personally can only do it for a bit before I get bored, but there it is.

As far as Hearthstone goes......I love that game....and sometimes I hate it too. I am way too competetive for my own good and hate losing. I like ranking up, but I hate the grind once you get to rank 5. It will take forever to get to legend at that point because there are no longer win streak bonuses. I got to rank 5 last season, and am currently at rank 9 this season while playing extremly casually. I think I have over an 80 percent win rate in ranked so far this season. I want to hit legend for the card back, but the time needed to do it is just ridiculous. I have been mostly running everyone's most hated deck, Zoolock. It is just so strong against most matchups. I also created a Priest deck last night to mess around with and found it quite complicated and enjoyable. I wouldnt probably play it in ranked unless I already hit legend, but it was good fun.

Last night, I also resubbed to WoW so that I would have something to do with my wife in the video game world. She likes Hearthstone, but we cant exactly play together, and she is not really a fan of D3.

Since we had already preordered the next expansion, we were granted a free level 90 character. My buddy Kev signed back up as well and we decided to insta-level some of out horde characters to 90. I chose my Druid (since my Warrior on that server is already at 87), my wife chose.....a Druid (what else), and Kev went with a Shaman. It was nice that they gave us level 90 greens to get started. We headed out to the timeless isle after that and started getting some of the legendary gear from out there. That is where we finished the evening.

I am not sure what to do in WoW these days. I could barely remember how to play any class other than my Warrior when we logged on yesterday. Is there anything new going on that I may not be aware of from the past 5 or so months? I suppose I will get the rest of my Alliance toons to 90 and then work on at least my Horde Warrior as well.

What have you folks been up to?

No comments: