Friday, October 8, 2010

New Patch....back to the 5 man grind?

Now I must admit that 5 man instances are one of my favorite things in the game. Especially when you can grab a friend or 4 and laugh along the way. I admittedly have stopped doing them for the most part.

Why? Because there is no incentive to do them. I enjoy doing some of the older content given that the rewards are basically the same to me.

I think the new patch is going to get people back into the instances. The bosses will be dropping justice points instead of emblems which means that you will be able to use the rewards for level 85 gear. It is a great way to get a head start on Heroics is Cataclysm.

This likely means that I will be running them again which gives me a good excuse to finish the glory of the hero acheivements. I am not that far off currently, but just could not bring myself to do it.

Here comes Darraxus to smash some face.

4 comments:

Forreststump said...

Running instances? Hell yeah, in order to figure out how to play the "retooled" (kind euphemism) classes without looking like a drooling idiot.

Darth Solo said...

I'm expecting a lot of fail groups during the first couple of weeks after the patch, until people come to terms with the new talents.

Shannara said...

From what I read, the new heroic instances (lv85) can take around 4 hours to complete and of raid difficulty. This puts me off completely since blizzard is trying to get rid of users again (just as they did in BC).

Darraxus said...

I would hope that is not the case. I dont want to go back to the days of Shadow Labrynth.