Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cool the Engines

Sometimes, you just need to cool down. That has been the case with me recently when it comes to running Heroics in Cataclysm. I had to take a step away from them so that I would still enjoy playing the game.

The good thing is that this is a fresh expansion and there was plenty of stuff to do. I have been doing a variety of things that have helped me cool off a bit and will give me the motivation to try Heroics again soon.

First thing is Archaeology. So far I have gotten a bunch of crap, but I know that there are treasures out there. One of my friends has already completed five rare ones including a fossil raptor mount and non combat pet. Something that makes a bunch of dwarf chicks with swords dance. A Mechanognome pet and something that makes a shade of himself. It is pretty easy and a nice way to kill some time while you chat on vent with your buddies.

Second thing I have been working on is my professions a bit. I have been doing some work on my Insciption and Jewelcrafting while gathering other materials for my Engineering.

The third thing has been rep grinding. I have been doing Therazane and Wildhammer Dailies to go along with a few regular instances for additional rep and gear. Dailies are quick and easy and make a decent distraction.

The last thing I have been doing is what I have always done. Build a giant pile of gold. I have been selling all kinds of miscellaneous things I have crafted as well as some of the archaeology pieces. I have also been keeping up with my Glyph Making. They are selling at very good prices on my server and I pull in 1.5-3k a day with very minimal work.

Sometimes you just need to see the other things that are enjoyable to you. I will be ready for Heroics again.....soon.

3 comments:

Darth Solo said...

If you really want to make gold just farm mats and sell them while you still can. Better than using them to level your professions for now, IMO.

WTF said...

woah...1.5k gold from glyph making? Please help a noob out and tell me something!

Darraxus said...

@ Darth: I could, but I dont really feel like farming mats constantly. Trying to enjoy the rest of the game,