Friday, June 27, 2008

Making the best of an UGLY kara pug

As I said before, I usually run a Saturday Night Kara run which goes by very quickly. Well, a few weeks ago, I brought my warlock instead of my warrior. Afterwards, there were a few of us the wanted to go again on our alts and what have we here? A pug kara looking for 4 spots.

So, I bring my warrior to tank, Occeleta (Rogue) brings his Huntard (Bradaillan), Soham the Drood Healer goes (he brought his Warrior Sabrian earlier), and Melnoch the Mage brings his Shammy healer Verdenast. Between the 4 of us we have 12 level 70s (3 each). The rest of the group consists of two warlocks, a Drood offtank, a priest healer, an enhancement shaman, and a rogue.

Before we get too far in, we realize a few things about the pugs. The Warlocks are pretty decent DPS. The rogue sucks for his gear. The enhancement shammy is decent DPS but generally clueless. The priest is a pretty decent healer. My biggest concern was the Drood offtank. He was wearing mostly greens (DPS greens for that matter), only had about 13k HP in Dire Bear form, and was not defense capped apparently. And he sucked.....bad. Could not hold aggro even in his apparent one set fits all cat gear.

So we clear all the way to Opera without much trouble thanks in part to the members of Reborn. We go into opera and get Romulo and Julianne. Easy enough fight.....for people who are not mentally retarded. We start the even with me tanking julianne and the drood tanking romulo. The drood goes down rediculously fast (probably 5 seconds after Romulo appears) and Romulo runs around killing alot of the DPS. I pick up Romulo and it is me tanking both with only the 4 of us from Reborn still up.

So we didnt get them down because we did not have the interrupts or DPS to kill them close enough together. What we did do is make it an 11 minute 4 man Opera event in which our pug members were asking us to just die. Thats not how we roll.

So after that wipe, we go back in and I tank both Romulo and Julianne the whole time and we down them easy. The Drood was DPSing....IN FRICKIN BEAR FORM.

So we go on to Nightbane, and the Drood asks if everyone wants me or her to tank. There is alot of laughter followed by "DARRAXUS". Our bear once again DPSes in Bear form and we down Nightbane. On to Curator.

At this point, the group wont let the bear tank anything so I end up tanking both of the big robots on the way to Curator myself. When we get to curator, apparently all of the DPS except for Bradaillan decided to only DPS curator leaving our poor hunter to knock out the flares. We killed him on the second evocate and moved on.

The rest of the instance went fine with me solo tanking everything. I called it after Aran as I had been up for 20 hours at that point and was extremly sleepy. It really amazes me how a few good players can carry a 10 man Raid (although I am way overgeared for it).

No comments: