Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ding Fries are Done!

After much leveling and toiling, I finally reached level 80 on my Warrior. Strangely, level 79-80 was the easiest of the Northrend levels. I just jumped into instances that I still had quests for and I was done like that.

Once I hit 80, it was time to spend some of my hard earned money. I purchased my ilvl 245 shoulders with my emblems and then bought the Breastplate of the White Knight, Saronite Swordbreakers, and Tempered Titansteel Treads off of the AH.

With all of the enchanting/gemming/gearing, I ended up about 9 hitpoints shy of 30k unbuffed and 537 defense.

So I decided to do Forge of Souls for my first regular instance at level 80. We breeze through it pretty easily, but the mobs are hitting pretty damn hard. We down the last boss and.....the Heroic Achievement pops up. Yeah, I queued us up for the wrong one lol.

As it is right now, one of the biggest upgrades I need is my weapon. I am still rocking the Ragemane's flipped one from Zul'Drak.

It is nice to not be the top damage and DPS anymore in an instance. Before 80, I was doing 1400-1700 while it seemed like everyone was below me by a couple hundred. Total damage was much worse as I was doubling up many of the dps. Sometimes it makes me wonder if people just don't know their class or are just being lazy.

Anyways, the Druid will be next. Although he will just be a gets there when he gets there kind of toon.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

3 comments:

Onyxhorn said...

Welcome to the Red Side!

Arioch said...

lol @ queuing for heroic. At least you didn't head into a VoA with 10 while it was set to 25 and couldn't figure out why people are taking soooooo much damage and it's taking soooooo long to kill anything. >.<

Vordan said...

lol @ Arioch, sounds like me going into Ony 10 while it was set to 25. But we weren't as leet an wiped right away.