Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big News with 4.3!!!

Patch 4.3 - Deathwing, Transmogrifier, Void Storage
Tom Chilton (Kalgan) answered a couple of questions from Gamona.de on Patch 4.3, and we got a bunch of very interesting news out of it. Patch 4.3 will feature:

New Raid - The Deathwing raid, making it very likely to be the last patch before the next expansion.
3 new 5-man instances - Including one in the Caverns of Time. (War of the Ancients was mentioned as a cataclysm instance a few years ago, but a lot of things have changed since then, who knows!)
The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.
The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank.
The Abyssal Maw dungeon is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn't convincing enough/fitting.

This is from MMO champion.

A couple of thoughts on this. I am glad for more 5 mans. I really enjoy 5 man instances and running them with my friends. I imagine that we may see some like the Icecrown ones that will have us encounter Deathwing.

The coolest things to me are the transmorgification and the Void Storage.

I will be really glad to change the look of my gear. It will be awesome. I may have to go farm a Bulwark of Azzinoth now since I think it is the coolest shield in the game. I can already see myself rocking the Suneater as my tanking weapon. This has so many great possibilities.

Another thing that would be cool is if you could buy skins with gold. With the inflation of gold, it would be good to have some kind of extra gold sink.

This has all the makings to be AWESOME!!!!

2 comments:

Vordan said...

HAHA I have the Bulwark of Azzinoth on Vordan!!!! I can't wait to make my gear look like the Judgement set and thank god for the storage I have soooo much 60-70 and my 80 tier gear in my bank.

Darraxus said...

They are going to be making a "void storage" to store all of your old gear in.