Friday, January 27, 2012

Choice of F2P/Subscription model are the way to go.....

for all future MMOs.

This is my opinion. You get people who want to pay a subscription because they want to really play the game and see everything it has to offer. You get others who want to check it out and maybe buy a thing here or there.

The problem with having just a sub based game is that it is often hard to justify paying 15 bucks a month for a game you only "kinda" like.

If you buy the box, I think that you should have an option of which way you want to play. I would probably continue to play SWTOR if it were free to play. I will not however pay monthly for it.

WoW on the other hand, I do not mind paying for. I like the game, and I think if there were a free to play model as well, I would still pay for the "premium" service.

The thing about having both is that it gives you a lot more options. People who dont want to pay a sub, can play. They can then get a sub later if they want to see additional content. Same goes for players who decide to cancel their sub. If they can come back and play and randomly buy items, it keeps a customer they would have lost otherwise.

I like F2P. I like subscription. I just think it is a better idea if games have both.

No comments: