Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dealing with a Camper

Sometimes you are dealing with a camper of epic proportions. One of my gem competitors was on last night for 4 hours straight immediately undercutting any competition. It was quite annoying to say the least.

What do you do in these situations.

Here are a few of my suggestions. These are mostly just to fuck withe camping asshole. They may not cause you to gain any more sales.

1) Deep Undercut: This is something I usually don't do, but I strongly considered it last night. If you arent going to make any gold, you undercut down to material cost and basically just post at that price.

2) Jack up their posting fees. This is what I do. I have at least 5 of each gem in my bags. I set my quick auctions to post 1 at a time for 12 hours. I post. I wait for the undercut and immediately post again. If they are posting 3-5 of each gem, they will be paying quite a lot of gold in posting fees. Rinse and repeat as often as possible.

3) Logging on and off. Sometimes, campers will still log off to play other characters. Don't let them. Log onto another character when you are undercut. Once they log off, log back onto your posting toon. When they log back on, log back off. This is only for the purpose of annoying them. They may get tired of logging on and off. They will either stay on their camper or they will say forget about it.

Fight fire with fire. Bitch slap those campers out of your market.

No comments: