Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 03 – Your first day playing WoW

My first day of playing WoW.....I honestly cant remember a lot of specifics, but I can remember some of it. It has afterall be many years since my first day in WoW.

I started out as a young Dwarf warrior in the Dwarf/Gnome starting area. This was back in the day when pretty much everything in the starting zones would aggro on you. I remember thinking how big the world was even in that small sample. I was running across the map to deliver some hot cider and then I was in a cave clearing out an ice troll nussance. Or rather, they were clearing me out. I seem to remember that cave being very difficult back then. I was also a noob, so that probably did not help.

I decided to make a Dwarf warrior for a couple of reasons. In most fanstasy games (DnD, Warhammer Quest), I was a Dwarf and some sort of warrior. Since this was not the Warhammer universe, and I loved the Troll Slayer in that universe, I went with a red haired dwarf warrior. Darraxus was born.

I remember dying....quite a lot. I am sure I was killed by Yetis. I was also killed by Leper Gnomes.....and wolves....and cats.....and bears. I didnt know any better, so I just kept trucking along. I always went with the upgrade that had more armor. I did not really know what stats I needed until a bit later, although I think I was smart enough to go with either Strength or Agility gear when it was available.

It was a brave new world, and I got my ass kicked a lot. I learned less about WoW during levels 1-60 than I did in the following few weeks running level 60 dungeons.....that however, is another story (Queue Conan theme song, with background of King Darraxus pondering on a throne).

1 comment:

Cheatchat said...

Hey there folks, I just made my new Forum Site! Going to be posting some humorous PvP matches and other assorted World of Warcraft content! Come on over, check me out, and subscribe if you'd like! It's free... it's easy... and it makes me feel better about myself! :) so here's the link World of Warcraft Cheat and Chat Forum.