Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Argent Tournament: Proof that Teamwork Prevails


You can do pretty much all of the dailies by yourself. The group quests would be the only one that would be a pain. However, it is a ton easier if you get some of your like minded friends together. I do all of my Argent Dailies in groups. The other day I got two of my good in game friends together and we knocked out all of the dailies together.


Jousting (Grand Melee etc.): For the jousting at the tournament grounds, only one person on their mount can attack the opposing rider. That doesnt mean that friends cant help! We each took turns taking down our 4 champions, but the two not riding helped kill the rider on foot. It took about 10 minutes for all three of us to finish all of our jousting. This included one where my Rogue friend DCed, and before he could be killed, I taunted the rider and tanked him for the rest of his heath.


Threat From Above: This is the second place we head in the circuit of quests. I tank everything and they burn it down. Remember to kite around if you can because the bombadiers throw a lot of bombs that hurt. This quest takes about a minute to complete.


Kill a Bunch of Scourge: We do the scourge killing quests next. A bit south of Threat From Above, there are large groups of shackled baddies walking around. Two AOE pulls later and you are done. I can solo the packs, but a group makes it so much easier. This takes about another two minutes.


Jousting with Baddies (aka quit tagging my fucking commanders): This is the daily quest where you have to go down and kille a commander, 5 lieutenants, and 10 scouts. With help this is ridiculously easy. One person pulls, anyone else charges. Charge will one-shot most things other than the Commander. If you do this right, it takes maybe 5 minutes.


From there, you head back to camp. The most time consuming part of this whole process it the flying here, there, and everywhere.


Pro Tip: You can knock out Valiant and Champion Dailies at the same time.


Get together with some friends....or like minded pugs, and get this out of the way so you can enjoy the rest of your play time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can speed the whole thing up by doing the tournament-jousting solo, yet at the same time. It's ridiculously easy anyhow.

Darraxus said...

I agree that it is easier for people actually good at jousting, but it makes is faster for the slow pokes.

Leiandra said...

Just tell the slow people to read my posts on how to joust. :)

I actually saw somebody fighting my enemy in a joust the other day and I was like, "What's he doing??" Then I realized he was actually doing damage. Wish he would have equipped his main weapon instead of using the joust though. lol.