Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Almost there.

As many of you who read this blog know, I have been playing with my fiancee for some time. You may also remember that she absolutely hated the game for a good long time. I posted about converting her to a WoW player several times.

Here are a few of the articles I wrote.

http://darraxusthewarrior.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-get-you-significant-other-to.html

http://darraxusthewarrior.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-get-your-significant-other-to.html

Obviously these are not going to work for everyone, but it did work for me (or I wouldnt have posted it).

Now, my fiancee is almost all grown up (In WoW). She is just 6 bubbles away from the big eight-OH. I really didnt know if I would see the day that I could run Heroics with my lady or even some raids.

Since we started playing together again (after a 3 or so month hiatus due to my work schedule), we have been moving her up very quickly. She has already obtained her first 4 epic items before hitting 80 including one of the Argent Tournament weapons.

All of this excitement, and we will not even be able to play over the weekend. We are going to Blizzcon. Not that I am complaining. When we get back, we can start playing even more.

To help her out (and since instances and raids are more my thing), I am going to get her some other gear and deck them out with enchants etc. She has over 5k gold, but only wants to spend it on things like pets.

This is very exciting for me. Woot heroics.

7 comments:

WTFspaghetti said...

Is she ok with you getting her toon geared out? I know that was one of my favorite things to do.

Also, after she is geared out...will she still have the urge to play?

Darraxus said...

Yeah, she mostly does it so that we can play together. I honestly dont think she cares that much about the gear, I just dont want her to feel too noobish doing 1200 dps in heroics.

She is all about making money in WoW though.

WTFspaghetti said...

Then its on!

gogogo

Jong said...

Go Darraxus' fiance! Hope you guys have fun running things together.

River said...

I think I need to find a guide on how to find a significant other to put up with me long enough to teach her WoW..

Darraxus said...

@ River:

Step One: You cut a hole in a box........

Fettsbounty said...

BLIZZCON!
MOTHA F'N BLIZZCON!