Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Relevant Patchnotes (to me)

Engineering:

The PetBombling and Lil' Smoky non-combat pets are no longer Bind-on-Pickup.

This should probably be a nice way to make some money as an engineer. I am probably to cook a few of these up and throw them on the Auction House. Hopefully the rest of the engineers on my server and faction are too dumb to read patch notes.


Vitality: Now boosts Stamina by 3/6/9%, up from 2/4/6%. Strength and expertise benefits have not changed.

As a tank, extra hitpoints are extra hitpoints. We had falled a bit behind the other tanking classes as far as hitpoints go. This should do a decent job of fixing that. Darraxus want more stamina, DARRAXUS SMASH!!!!!

Revenge: Damage done by this ability (base and scaling) increased by 50%

Revenge will once again overtake devastate on the priority system. It should still be behind shield slam, but we will see what kinds of numbers we put up. Once the patch hits, I would advise speccing back into improved Revenge and getting the Glyph again if you dont still have it.



The Random Battleground system has been added! Similar to the Random Dungeon system in the Dungeon Finder, players can now queue for a random Battleground.

Sweet. Now I don't have to agonize over what I want to play and end up doing none of them. And it will really help on the queue times for specific battlegrounds.


Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency and 25 Arena points.

Another nice little change. The good thing is that even if you lose, you can keep playing until you win to get the daily done.


Battlegrounds will no longer award Marks of Honor.Players with existing Marks of Honor can still turn them in to their respective faction's quest givers, including individual marks for those who may have more marks for one Battleground than another.Items which previously required Marks of Honor will have their costs adjusted to remove these requirements.

YES. I hate Battleground Marks. I hated griding them for the mounts. For the I had to run 20 WSG to get enough of those marks to help my wife get her Mechanostrider. Honor is easy. Marks suck ass if your faction never wins in a specific BG.


InscriptionMost recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1

Good. This will help leveling my inscription on my Horde Warrior as well as make it a no brainer to produce some glyphs that would have been borderline to create before.

The Cooldown has been removed from creating Titansteel.

This doesnt really affect me, but it will affect people who sold their cooldowns on the regular as well as the people who bought them. This is most likely a case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. It should also help lower the price of BOE crafted epics.

On a side note......I finally flipped a Orb of Deception that I bought for 750 gold for 1300 gold. Had a guy send me an ingame mail making the offer. Profit is profit.

3 comments:

Vordan said...

HAHA told you would sell the orb. "Thank you for telling me that is below market". Also I am not sure how the BG random thing will go. I dont really do bgs a whole hell of a lot since I burned myself out on that in BC.

I am happy about the inks for inscription, give me a little more incentive to level it on my horde shammy.

As far as the Titansteel CD, Ive never really tried to sell my cd, probably because I never thought 15g was worth it when bars would sell for 150g. Go out farm the mats, 150g in my bag.

Darraxus said...

I think that this change will lower the price of titansteel as it will be able to be mass produced.

What's my main Again said...

I don't know about that change to vitality... another 3% stamina seems like a lot. Unless they bring pallies back up in which case bring on the stamina. As it is I have 45k unbuffed... this would bring me to around 46.4k. Starts to bring me with 2-3k health of our bear druid instead of the 5k health gap now.