Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WoW Fit


So, the Nintendo Wii has something called WiiFit. You play a video game and get excercise at the same time.


I think it is time we had a WoWFit.


Think about how much time that you waste just flying around here and there in WoW. Or waiting around in a city waiting for the random queue for your dps.


That is time that could better be spend doing some little exercises.


This is just an opinion of mine, but many people that I see quitting WoW quit because they cut out other parts of their lives. Things like excercise.


Next time you are on a flight path somewhere, do some pushups. Do some crunches. Do a few jumping jacks. It is in the comfort of your own home and you won't have to worry about someone thinking you look ridiculous.


They make addons to play games while you play WoW.....usually during a flight somewhere. If I had the know-how, I think I would write a new addon.


It would be a pretty simple one and would just give you something to do during idle time. 5 minute flight across the continent? 100 crunches, 30 pushups, 100 jumping jacks.


It could even be done with some very small weights. Little barbell curls and such.


Maybe this wouldnt be for everyone, but I think it is a pretty damn good idea.


Just another way to make you feel better for doing something that you enjoy immensely, but may see as a guilty pleasure.

4 comments:

Heywood Djiblomi said...

You may be on to something...

Unknown said...

I have actually managed to rig up my treadmill so that I can have my laptop essentially rest in the magazine holder and have a board attached to the hand rails to use my mouse on. Mind you, I don't do raiding or instances on it but if I am grinding some rep or picking flowers or something, it works. Usually done on an alt so I don't have to entertain my guildies in gchat :)

Arioch said...

The guys over at Mana Potions rigged up a treadmill to an optical mouse that converted the movement to "W" pulses on the keyboard. They had to keep a certain speed to keep the character moving. Was a hilarious video but I can't seem to find it in their archives.

They did a similar mod for Aion involving flapping their arms with Wii controllers fast enough to keep the character flying. Here's that one: http://www.manapotions.com/LevelUpYourFitness.html

Anonymous said...

Beer?

counterproductive? Probably

Delicious use of flight time? Defiantly