Thursday, March 4, 2010

Guild Ethics

There has been a whole lot of talk about guilds and bloggers and said bloggers in guilds this week. It was about people from guild getting offended about being blogged about. Well, you know what I have to say about that?

Fuck em.

Yes. Fuck em. In a figurative way. Not literally. Unless you want to and they are also willing.

My stance on people getting offended by what I write is.....if you dont like it you can either

a) Not read it
b) Go eat a big fat bowl of dick

Personally, I dont blog about my guild much. I dont really run with them a whole bunch or ever socialize with them much anymore. No need to bring them up these days.

You best believe if they were being douchetastic, I would call whoever out on it.

I once had a former female guildie who found a post that refered to a run with her. She found it because she googled fail boat.....my post came up and involved her. Not by name, but she knew who she was. My response...."So?".

The thing about guilds is this. You have no obligation to them. You may like the people in your guild. You may even consider them friends. This doesnt mean you have censor yourself. If they dont like what you have to say, they can kick you.

If what you say is true about them, maybe they will realize that THEY are the ones that look like douchebags and not you.

Blogging is an outlet for many a player and person. If others don't like what you have to say......say it with me......THEY CAN EAT A BIG BOWL OF DICK.

This message brought to you by Darraxus, in support of Tamarind.

11 comments:

Dread said...

Thanks for posting this. I can definitely appreciate the subject, and feel for anyone who's been dicked over by their guild because they wrote their opinion on the internet. I've bashed plenty of people in guilds of mine many times, and usually if I've written something about that person in my blog, I've already shit on them to their face (normally due to being an absolute fucking drooling retard in the WotLK lolraids). I have no sympathy if you suck and people know it. I have no problem telling you to your face to go jump off a cliff because you stand in slime puddles and bitch and moan about dying to no heals.

I don't personally, at this moment, let my guildies know publicly that I have a wow blog. I don't know if that will change or not, but it's free to google if they ever got curious (the failboat thing cracked me up). First Amendment is awesome.

Particularly enjoyed the comment: They can eat a big bowl of dick.

Fuck em. Fuck em all. They can lick these nuts.

SirFWALGMan said...

Can you buy those bowl of dicks in the supermarket?

Darraxus said...

@ Sir: Negative. They are special order. Right from my crotch to a bowl to you.

Arioch said...

So did the guild member take it as a hint that she could fix something or just get wrapped up in a victim complex?

Karial said...

Meh, I agree. If people can't handle you blogging about them, they probably shouldn't be playing a MMORPG. On my blog I make fun of myself more often than anyone else. They want to feel better about themselves? They can just read those.

I suppose it just amazes me that people can play a game with Fail PuG's and all the anger involved with that, but not be able to take a story written about something that happened.

Vordan said...

Moparman got bitchy that you called him a bad tank. He said "Im going to rip your brother a new one"...Yes..right! Darraxus care? Pssst, fuck no haha.

Hamadryad said...

Au contraire!
You CAN, indeed, pick up a big can o'dick at your local World Market or British food mart:
http://www.britishdelights.com/prod_d7.htm

Seriously I'm with you in support of Tam, his blog rocked, his guildies were aware of it, and it should have been a non-issue.

SirFWALGMan said...

Shit man that must hurt.. I have a ton more respect for you now.

Anonymous said...

Rerouted here from Tam's blog.

Darraxus, say hello to your new reader.. me. Eat a huge bowl of dicks? I can support that sort of message wholeheartedly.

Should anyone from my guild find my blog and have a problem with it, I will direct them here.

Fuck 'em.

Jenna said...

Amen!

It is ridiculous to for someone (internet or 'real life') to think that NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THEM, EVER! to other people.

To expect Guild Member A to never tell anyone outside of the Guild about Fail A or Success B is silly.

I heartily endorse the big fat bowl of dick for people who can't handle being the subject of a blog. Especially since so many bloggers are at least polite enough to keep their subjects anonymous. (I would not be one of those - but that's because I don't blog.)

McRaffles said...

Also came via Tam's blog - Brilliant! - Couldn't have put it better myself. Your reader count just got raised by one.

~McRaffles

http://warcraftcasuals.blogspot.com/