Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reader Request Answered

"Dear Darraxus, Sorry about the post in this section I didnt know where to put it. xD Well my friend and I are currently leveling as druids for RaF and we are doing instances. I specced as resto at level 10 and he went balance. I found myself healing really stellar till we got to Strat. (I have always hated Strat.) Anyway i found myself to the point where the tank would pull too many mobs and would take way to much damage for me to keep up with the damage. He may have just qued for the highest level dungeon that he could and then the mobs were to high of level so he took a lot of damage, I dont know. But my healing was really good before then and then *blehhh* horrible healing. Do you think you could help me? Thanks Kelluid (level 49 Resto Druid)"

Well, I am no Druid expert, but have done quite a lot of healing on mine. The first thing I would ask is "What is your rotation"?

My rotation may not be optimal, but I always put up three lifeblooms on my tank and a rejuvenation. I will then use nourish/healing touch to refresh the lifenbloom as needed during the fight. If he takes a big splash of damage, swiftmend is your friend.

I think that the main thing to do is to utilize your hots. I used to use Regrowth a lot more than I once did, but generally only use it when I have a clearcasting proc at this point.

The other issue of course is the tank. Once you start getting into the 30s and 40s, tanks should actually be....tanks! They should not be tanking with two handers unless they are a Druid in bear form. They may also be biting off more than they can chew.

A lot of people think that you can faceroll through low level instance with any gear/spec with no problems. This is mostly true, but a fury warrior or ret paladin "tank" can mess up you instance flow real quick.

So, utilize all of your heals in the most comfortable way for you.....make sure you have some kinds of healing addon (I use healbot for one click heals), and make sure your tank isnt a fuckwit just pretending to be a tank for quick instance queues.

If anyone else has any questions for Salty Uncle Darraxus, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: