Thursday, July 7, 2011

What is Your Play Style?

I think in the course of playing WoW, I have done just about everything at one time or another.

In Vanilla, I was an incredible noob turned dungeon tank. I had around 100 HKs, one character at level 60, and my next highest alt was around level 20 (my Hunter).

In BC, I really did a bit of everything. I leveled three characters to the level 70 cap (Warrior, Warlock, Paladin). I raided everything up to and including parts of Black Temple. I did a lot of PvP and Arena on my Warlock. I started getting into gold making a bit by selling terocone and netherweb spider silk. I also ran tons of Dungeons. Karazhan was a weekly even that I led every Saturday night. We were down to 1.5 hour clears before the big patch at the end came out.

In Wrath, I focuses on Dungeons and Raids. I mostly pugged my raids as I did not have time on guild raid days to join them. I also got pretty deeply into gold making with the inscription market. I hit the old gold cap during Wrath.

In Cataclysm, I have been a gold maker. Sure, I have done a little bit of everything, but Dungeons are much less enjoyable than they once were and many of my friends have left the game.

So, at one point or another, I have been just about every kind of player. At this point, I guess I am a hardcore gold maker and a very casual dungeoneer.

What do you do with your play time?

No comments: