Thursday, November 1, 2012

D3: Key Farming and Ubers

Let me first say that I am not a badass super geared ass kicking player. I do alright.

I have gone key farming a couple of times with Bearness to go along with my many act 1 runs (which netted me a total of three act 1 keys). I had at least one of each which meant that I had enough to make an infernal machine to face the uber bosses.

We went in to act 4 and killed the key warden there who actually dropped the plan...WOOHOO.

Bearness found a wizard to do the ubers with and off we went. I am easily the least geared of the three of us. I do "ok" dps, but my survivability is a step lower for sure. The wizard was insanely geared. He was super happy to get a witching hour belt for 100 million. I have never had more than 14 million.

So, we started out on Magdha and Skeleton King.....and I died at least twice. I think that the biggest problem was Magdha and he stupid ass butterfly attack. I did not happen to get an organ on this fight.

Next we did Raknaroth and Ghom. We wiped once on this where I died about 25 percent through. The wizard died as well because he was watching a stream and trying to win some item. Bearness almost took it down, but died in gas trying to rez us.

We took it down easily the next time and I picked up the fang organ. 1/3 of the way to a hellfire ring. WOOHOO.

Lastly, we faced Zoltun Kulle and Siege Breaker which seamed to be pretty easy. Kulle had an annoying time bubble, but otherwise seemed mostly straight forward.

We did this on MP4, and they could have done MP7 with me laying dead on the floor most likely. It just sucks dying all the time. Unfortunately, I feel like I am at a point where the upgrades I need are way out of my budget. I am however looking forward to possibly doing the ubers a few more times and getting my first hellfire ring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I thought I'd leave a comment for once after reading your blog for some time. I really appreciate that you are talking about Diablo 3 these days. I was very dissapointed when people discounted this game. Maybe it helps that I never played Diablo 1 or 2. But with patch 1.0.5, the game has gone from good to great for me. Guild Wars 2 has taken a back seat.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you for Diablo gold. The most expensive item I have only cost 4 million, but my damage is up to about 67,000 with my with doctor, so I'm enjoying MP 4 at least. I feel ya about the Paragon levels, but I try not to let it get me down. I don't play to grind levels, so when I do level up, it's a pleasant surprise. I generally switch back and forth between With Doctor and Wizard, sharing gear between them. Anway, keep slaying demons...for justice.!

Bearness said...

Keep farming and selling guys! Good drops will come eventually. Sometimes you might even get an upgrade (I'm still using 2-3 gears I've found)! I felt like I'd never be able to afford one of those items, until I got lucky with some drops. Then, BOOM, everything changed. Of course, once I spent the gold, everything is unaffordable again. LOL.

Anyway, it's just a game. Being able to farm MP1 or MP10, it doesn't matter as long as you're having fun. =)

x-x-x_PL said...

Diablo 3 Key Gen ---> http://dobregry.com/diablo-3-generator-kluczy/