Monday, December 8, 2008

Heroics

That is basically what I did this weekend. Ran heroics. I probably ran around a dozen or so. I ran Utgarrde Pinnacle, Utgarrde Keep, Azjol-Nerub, Drak'Tharon, Violet Hold, The Oculus, etc. etc. I got enought badges to get the Chained Millitary Gorget, which is very nice. I will be saving up for my t7 chest next.

I picked up a decent number of upgrades over the weekend, but not a single plate tanking epic dropped in any of my heroics. The Sword from UP still has not dropped for me either. Items I got include the Essence of Gossamer (111 stamina trinket from Heroic Azjol-Nerub), the Titanium Plated Shotgun (made by myself), Titansteel Tempered Treads (made by a BS), the Revered Chest from Wyrmcrest, and the Honored Leggings from Argent Crusade. I am going to continue grinding AC rep for the nice head enchant.

I also did a decent amount of questing, unlocking the Sons of Hodir dailies and finishing the Drakuru quest lines.

We had plans to run Naxx on Saturday, but I think it may be best for some of the people to obtain some decent gear. The Guild poked their head in on Sunday evening and downed the first boss in the spider quarter.

I have now been healed in Heroics by every class other that a Shaman. I must say that Druid Healers are still my favorite followed by Priests and Paladins. I ran with a very good Paladin healer last night in Heroic UP in a 100 percent PUG. I still have not decided what toon I am going to level next. I think perhaps the Paladin, but again, I am not sure.

Does anyone know where some good tanking shoulders drop for an 80 warrior? I know that some nice ones drop from Patchwerk in 10 man Naxx, but we havent quite made it there yet.

My stats are looking pretty good atm. I am at 540 defense without having to use a defense trinket, 25500 health unbuffed, and 23000 armor. My dodge is close to 19 percent, while block and parry are around 15.5 percent (yes I know that Block is not an avoidance stat).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If memory serves me right I got my first blue tanking shoulders from Heroic Drak Keep, from the stone boss that spits out his 2nd form then you have to dodge the purple goo in the ground.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what your using now, but the blue quest shoulders from normal Halls of Stone are pretty nice until you manage to gain the favor of the loot gods. :)

Darraxus said...

Lol still using the quest reward shoulders from the Nexus.

Kelmar said...

Hey Herc and Darraxus,

I think those shoulders are from Gundrak Heroic.

Also, there are some BoE shoulders that drop in Culling that are not too shabby. Picked up a pair on the AH for 300g.

Saw them going for 1kg on my Dwarf server >.<

Maybe they will come down by the time his short self gets to em.

Unknown said...

yeah I meant Gundrak >_< ty for correction

Those 2 are the easiest heroics so I tend to mx both of them up.

@arms

I just sold those shoulders for 100 lol. I just wanted to get rid of them.