Thursday, November 19, 2009

How dumb would we look......

If we did some of the things in real life that we did in the game. I already wrote a post about WoW vs Real Life here and here. This is something a bit different. This is how ridiculous we would look if we did some of the things in real life that we do in game.

How dumb would you look if you threw your hands up everytime you did something....like a tree druid throwing hots......"Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4". On second though, that may be a good source of exercise for WoW players.

What if we pulled out a platter full of fish and plopped it down on the floor of uour office. "Hey boss, dont mind me, Im just getting my extra buffs for those flow charts later".

What if you COULD NOT STAND STILL. I am guilty of being a jumper in WoW. I even jump while I tank much of the time. I dont know how much your boss would appreciate you jumping on his desk and chairs while he is trying to make a business pitch. I guess you could blame it on Kris Kross, but that would be wiggity whack.

What if your clothes actually made you better at what you do. "Oh man I am so glad I got that Dress Shirt of the Accountant. It gives me plus 30 account penetration. It was a big upgrade over the Slightly Tattered Evil Dead Shirt."

What if we hired someone to be out own personal deadly boss mods. Instead of hearing the big bad wolf shouting "Run Away Little Girl", perhaps the Deady Boss Guy would say "Alt Tab Now Little Girl". And then receive a punch to the face for calling me little girl.

How pissed would people be if you brought 75 stray cats with you everywhere you went.

If something didn't work properly, you could fix it in style. Fax machine not going through? How about a heroic strike spinning back hand?

On the other hand, how fucking cool would be look if we rode a mammoth to work. As long is there isnt some douche who thinks he is Legolas trying to bring the man down.

4 comments:

Antigen said...

Plus 30 account penetration... Wow.

But yes, my friends and I have had all-too-lengthy conversations about WoW and RL. I think we all chose to be rogues, although I believe I chose to be a druid, cause turning into a bear is sweet shit. Then my friend start jumping up and down like he was casting Frost Nova and...

Yeah, it got a little out of hand.

WTF said...

Funny article...I liked the "throw your hands when you do anything like a Tree Druid"

lmao

Fettsbounty said...

Like if I actually went through with my plan to take the little old school toy fishing game into Blizzcon and randomly drop it places to start fishing. Even though it was Blizzcon that would have been ridiculous, damn my forgetting batteries.

Nefernet said...

"On the other hand, how fucking cool would be look if we rode a mammoth to work."

And there I imagined my boyfriend's and my own proto-drakes parked in our small garden, with barely enough room to turn, and the face of the cat of the neighbour who love to sleep in our garden...

And the neighbour himself starving because he wouldn't dare to go to his kitchen garden, because he would be within reach of the drakes...

And I must admit that having a devilsaure to guard the gate would be pretty cool...