Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 09 – Your first blog post

Well, my first post was just an introduction.

Well, this is my first ever blog. I will be mostly posting on WoW topics but I may throw in some real life stuff at the same time. I play on the Scarlet Crusade Server (RP server FTW) as a Dwarf Warrior (Darraxus), Human Warlock (Theladon), and a Dranei Pally (Zurlock).

I dont really know how to explain my guild, which is called Reborn. We are kinda a casual hardcore raiding guild lol. We are 5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, and have the first two down in Hyjal. The reason I say casual hardcore is that we generally raid 6 days a week (including a kara and ZA), but we usually set a 3 hour limit for out raids due to people having a real life, not to mention significant others who probably hate this game.

I raid on my warrior, generally in an offtank role. I dont really raid as much as I would like, but I have more or less gotten back into it since the GF has night time summer classes at the college. She hates WoW with a passion (although it has relented a little bit since I started her a Night Elf Huntard).

Her Huntard is named Snuglewugle. She pushed really hard to get to level 10 so that she could get her first pet. She tamed a crab and named him Ohnoheididnt. She also claps for her crab every time it kills something and is usually overfeeding it because she doesnt want it mad at her.

Anyways, this is my blog about WoW as I usually have some free time at work. I will be talking about Raiding, PVP, and all that other fun stuff. I decided to start this blog after reading all the wonderful blogs from people like BRK and TJ. It is nice to share you WoW adventures

So, that is my first post. I will go over some of the differences now and then.

1) I still play on Scarlet Crusade. Darraxus, Theladon, and Zurlock are all level 85. Darraxus is still my main, Theladon is basically and Enchanter rather than my PvP toon, and Zurlock is Ret/Prot instead of Holy. Since then I have added 85 Druid (Rootmender), 85 Hunter (Durothos), 85 Shaman (Jaegrmeister), 85 DK (Deathgorger), 82 Priest (Schenker), 82 Mage (Crispee), and 75 Rogue (Woogle, who doubles as my main banker).

2) I am no longer in Reborn, and I no longer raid. Reborn dissolved at the beginning of Wrath due to not enough people at cap to start raiding. I raided part time thru Wrath with my current guild Meleestorm. I have not done a single raid this expansion outside of Tol Barad.

3) My then GF has since become my wife and she no longer hates WoW. She actually really enjoys it now. This took a significant amount of work, but it has certainly been worth it. She will even play and level characters on her own. She deleted Snuglewugle long ago and now has an 85 Boomkin and 85 Ret Pally. She also has an 82ish Rogue and a level 67 Hunter (her third hunter, and second to reach the 60s). She mainly loves collecting pets and running instances with out friends.

The two blogs I mentioned at the end are a)defunct or b) not blogging about WoW anymore. I have since found many other enjoyable blogs to follow.

So that is my first post, and what has changed.

1 comment:

Hollers said...

Darr, I remember trying to name my toon Schenker (one of the Greatest guitarists of all time), same day you said you named a priest named Schenker and I was like...awwww, damn you!

I started playing in Vanilla and I remember when you told me you played too...I was like "No WAY??". Yeah, this is a girl thinking its cool that her brother played haha. You tried to get me on your server for years, then I finally just transferred my toons to your server in like 2009, and hopping to Scarlet Crusade was one of the better decisions I have made in the game. Was probably a year after that you told me you blogged.