Monday, April 16, 2012

Diablo 3 Beta!

Before I get to talk about D3, I wanted to link to my buddies post.

Indecisive Gamer

Something we often do before or during instances in our group of friends is a dance party. They are nice and colorful now thanks to marker flags.

Now, on to Diablo 3.

I would like to say it is good, but I wont. It is fucking awesome.

I loved Diablo, but never go around to D2. It has really been that long since I got in some good hack n slash action. This game is outstanding. It makes no pretenses....it is all about loot and causing zombies and demons to die a grizzly death.

The only gripe I really had so far was that it feels like more of a demo as you can only do Act 1 and get to level 13 on any given character.

So far, I have played the Barbarian to 10, the Monk to 8, and the Wizard and Demon Hunter to 3 and 2 respectively.

The locals are awesome, the randon generated mini dungeons are awesome, and frantically clicking everything is awesome.

So far, all of the classes seem pretty cool. I know I am going to be a Barbarian at release, though I will likely play all of the classes.

The crafting system is incredibly easy and I like it that way.

I did not bother with the AH, but will probably check it out at some point.

Those are my first impressions. Lots and lots of fun.

2 comments:

Wilhelm Arcturus said...

Well, that is encouraging!

I got an invite to the D3 beta this past week, but am going to skip that and wait the 30 days until launch. I am playing too many other things at the moment.

I do have the D3 launch installer downloaded and ready to go via the one-year WoW commitment, so come May 15th I'll be ready to install... and then patch.

Darraxus said...

@ Wilhelm: I understand you not giving it a shot because of the sheer number of games you play.

I usually just play WoW, MW3, and some Madden on Wii, so this was a nice distraction.