Obviously this is not the case, but I have been running into increasingly more Mages (and other players) that make you say, huh?
The last few mages I have run with have done the following:
1) backed into mobs we purposely missed, getting himself killed
2) Got me saved to a cleared 25 man raid instance
3) Got killed 15 times in a Naxx 10 man. About double the next closest and triple the next one down from that.
4) Pulled the next group of mobs with a frostfire bolt
5) Pulled the next group of mobs with their face
6) Stood in the fire in every fight that had fire
This is just a few mages, but COME ON!!!! The mage class has usually seemed to be the smart DPS class. The one who had to keep up CC and do a good amount of DPS as well. Have also classes gotten dumber since CC went the way of the Dodo?
This doesnt just apply to mages obviously. There are plenty of other noobs out there doing stupid things such as:
1) The Rogue who stealths into a group of mobs only to realize he isnt stealthed at all.
2) The Warlock who opens a pull with mutiple seeds of corruption before the mobs get back to the tank.
3) The Hunter who lays down an immolation trap rather than a freezing trap.
4) The Holy Priest who thinks it is ok to pull mobs for the tank with SWP.
It is like when CC was basically removed, it caused everyone to become a lot dumber. This may be a bad sign for when Ulduar comes out if it is indeed much harder. If people need to start CCing again, this may be a pretty steep RE-LEARNING curve.
I guess that is what I get for mostly pugging 0_0