Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Diablo 3: First Impressions of Patch 1.05

So far so good!

Yesterday, I spent much more time in D3 than I did in WoW. This was for a couple of reasons. The first one was because of the new patch. The second was because I just really didnt feel like spending 2 plus hours on dailies.

The new patch in Diablo made things seemingly much better. I am quite happy about it. They introduced monster power which gives you higher magic find, gold find, and XP.

The default is MP 0. I ran MP 1 by myself and with another friend. I also got to run some MP 2 with Bearness, who has much better gear than I do.

I do Act 1 because I like the atmosphere. I also like that there are many less annoying mobs than act 3.

The drops so far have been SOOOO much better. I got a legendary for the first time in forever (an Ivory Tower) and several other useful drops  including an upgrade for my Barbarian. I got an 1100 dps wizard wand that I will probably save for my Wizard. I also sold a couple of things for 250k gold, which is not a lot by most people's standards, but was quite nice considering I hadnt sold anything over 75k in quite some time.

The reason for the good drops is that they made it that the same loot drops in all four acts. Woohoo.

I will certainly be spending more time in D3. I hit Paragon 10 last night and am about 1.5 bubble from Paragon 11. I also plan on doing a MP 0 run of Act 4 so that I can officially finish Inferno.

No comments: