Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreaming about World of Warcraft

You know you are a fan when you start having dreams about the game. I have had my fair share although I usually cant remember them. I am usually told by my fiance the next day that I was rambling on about some kind of fight.

I am proud to say that my fiance had her first WoW dream the other day....and man was it weird. As many of you have read, we got her a mechanostrider (a.k.a the Ridiculous). Later that evening she asked me what other kinds of mounts there were and I told her about the Elekk mount (which will henceforth be know as the Elefoofoo mount). She expressed that she wanted one, to which I replied 'Get to 80 first'.

Anyways, one with the dream. She dreamed that we were doing Quests to obtain rep for her Elefoofoo. Only these weren't regular quest. These were Power Ranger quests. She dreamed that she had to find each of Power Ranger "mounts" and then you could use them. She apparently found the pink pterodactyl and the Red Tyranosaurus before she woke up. And no, we havent started grinding for her Elefoofoo....its kinda like when you are a kid. Finish your dinner and you can have desert. AKA get to 80 and we will get you an Elekk.

Off Topic (from the title, but still about WoW): I played quite a bit yesterday as fiance had class in the evening. I did my Hodir and Kaluak dailies and headed off to Stratholm to try and get that damn mount. I ran thru 6 times with no luck whatsoever. I have started speed running it (skipping as much trash as I can and just killing the bosses). I am usually finishing the instance in roughly 12 minutes. This includes running over to live side real quick to see if I can find Hearthsinger (or whatever his name is) to get the Piccolo. My first two times in, he was there and the rest of the time he wasnt. My question is 'Is he a rare spawn and does he have different spawn points?'

I also finished the last bar and a half getting my druid to level 72. I am really considering speccing back to Boomkin for questing. There dont seem to be as many people pugging at my level, and it seems like it takes for ever to kill stuff. My crits as a Resto are about half of what they are as a Boomkin. Regardless, I will be going back to Resto once I hit 80. I find Druid healing absolutely fun.

7 comments:

Fish said...

Restokin? I think druid lends itself really well to hybrids. I tried speccing boomkin, I just didnt like it, I have always been feral.

You could just do the "kessel run" they summon an epic elefoofoo for you to ride around and warn people. . .

Unknown said...

During my wifes first week of playing she kept hearing even when not playing the game the music when your at the log in and at the character screen.

Darraxus said...

@ Fish: That probably wouldnt work as she would be disapointed when she couldnt use it elsewhere. Boomkin plays pretty much exactly like Resto for leveling, just a bit faster.

@ Herc: My fiance hated the damn dragon at the loading screen. She would be going to sleep, so I would lay with her before logging on and she kept hearing it roar thru the headphones 0_0

Anonymous said...

Hearthsinger Forresten is rare, spawns in one of three locations in Stratholme. Atlas Loot/Atalas shows his spawn locations in the instance. Best luck is entering through the Strath service entrance.

When you walk through the back entrance stay to the left along the wall after you open the gate so you don't pull the group on the right. After you get past that, stay to the left go to the end of the tunnel and type /tar Hearth. If you target him then you should be able to see his spawn on the left side or right side right after the tunnel. If not then take a right and keep to the wall on the right side. Keep going straight until you see his spawn.

http://i10.tinypic.com/4ml6ce0.jpg

Darraxus said...

I saw him at the location twice where you come in the service entrance and head over to live side. He was on my right at the corner of the street. I would kill him if he was there then go kill Baron so that I could get the mount.

Anonymous said...

elefoofoo uh? lol You guys are so cute its sicken lol. I wish my girl would try it out...I will keep on her about it.

Darraxus said...

IMO it just takes for them to play the game with an unbiased eye. If they look at it as something you can do together rather that YOUR thing, they can play and have fun with you. Also, getting her cute pets helps :)