Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Half Hearted Achievement Whore

I find myself very up and down about achivements. First I really want to do it....then I dont. I started on the Merrymaker ones.....then I stopped. I tried fishing for Ole Ironjaw.....then I stopped. Yesterday after Archavon I decided I wanted to try and fish up the Giant Sewer Rat pet in Underbelly. I caught about 250 fish, but still did not get the damn rat. I may try again. I may not.

I think the problem I have is that I like making money in game. I have plenty of it and dont really need for anything.....but i just want MORE. Anything I can do to make some gold. I have used my fishing and cooking skills extensively to make a killing. I can go fish for a few hours and make 1-2k gold on the AH selling the food I make with it.

I have also been constanly checking items on the AH to see what kinds of stuff people are putting up WAY too cheap. I have bought tons of herbs and resold them for profit. I have my bank alt doing this, and he has made about 2k this week just buying and reselling crap for a more appropriate price. It is amazing how that people oftem times just want to dump it off. I was buying stacks of Peacebloom for 20 silver and reselling them for 1.5 gold. Tons of other herbs I was buying stacks for under 1 gold and selling them for 5-10 gold a stack.

So far it has been like taking candy from a baby. I would be well over the 10k gold mark if I didnt find ridiculous reasons to spend money like the 1600 gold I spent on the Wyrmrest mount. I suppose if I ever get into the 50k gold range I will prbably blow some money on the Mammoth. What good is gold if you cant spend it afterall?

4 comments:

Kinzlayer said...

to swim in??? Scrooge McDuck does it so finely and I approve.

hehe, I noticed I'm the few people on my server selling the Deep Sea Monsterbelly on the AH so I've been making a mint off of what I caught but it hasn't been an easy money maker though. I can't flood the AH with 100+ of them since I think a good many cooks on my server fish for themselves so I only sell about 20 each time, roughly a few days in between.

Darraxus said...

One of my moneymakes has been the dragonfin filet. I am selling stacks of 5 for about 40-45 gold a pop. On a "raid" night I can put up 10 stacks of 5 or more and sell them all. Strength food is usefull for DPS/Prot Warriors, Prot/Ret Paladins, and any kind of DK.

Kinzlayer said...

Hmm, I will have check that out. I made some money a few weeks back with the Expertise food but I didn't like having to use Rhino meat as I don't generally go to areas with Rhinos, where as fishing I do quite a bit just to relax after a day of heroics.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I had more time to play the AH, but I've got so many other in-game projects right now I never find the time!!!

This motivates me to level my fishing and cooking, though. My latest money making venture has been to level Jewelcrafting. I'm sitting at 300 now, so here's hoping it works out!