Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Patch Changes and other Random stuff

As far as the patch went, the only real effect it had on my Warrior's tanking was that they increased the range of taunt. Not a big buff really, but I guess it could be useful in some situations.

One of the other things I tried out last night was the one hit mining. I must say that I very much enjoy it. There was a lot of competition out, but I still gathered a decent amount of material from flying in circles around the basin. The breakdown was as follows over the 1.5 hours I farmed.

275 x Saronite Ore
13 x Titanium Ore
10 x eternal fire
5 x eternal water
3 x eternal air
9 x eternal shadow
8 x eternal earth
2 x Scarlet Ruby (I think that is what the blue quality red gem is called)
1 x forrest emerald
and a whole boatload of green quality gems (I think I got about 15 in all).

Not a bad haul for 1.5 hours.

I also did an Archavon 25 last night. Not much to speak of besides the fact that I did 1700 DPS on the trash pulls :) We one shotted him and a bunch of mail and leather crap dropped.

The other main activity that I did last night was farm some rep for my fiance so that she could get her "ridiculous" (for anybody who reads the blog, that is what she calls a Mechanostrider). I did all of the Dun Morogh quests in about an hour and got her roughly 4k rep. She is sitting a little under 2k from revered atm. I read somewhere that you get decent Gnomregan Exile rep from running the quests outside of Exodar. I dont really want to go into Gnomregan and do all those quests, but I think I may have to bite the bullet as it is a very large piece of rep. Anyone have any suggestions.

I think I am going to farm the basin some more when I get home. I kept all of the eternals and titanium this time around, but I think I will go ahead and sell everything I pick up today. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with the green quality gems? I suppose I should just have my buddy cut them and save them for me and the fiance when we get some more gear with sockets.

7 comments:

Fettsbounty said...

You could introduce her to BGs and get the marks for the Black Battlestrider. It's how I got my mechanostrider. Though it may be early for pvp, but with you there by her side it shouldn't be bad.

As for your green gems, I suggest just holding onto them uncut unless you have the extra space. I'm always storing all my cut gems, that arent selling, in my mailbox, but always worry about losing them. You have a number of JC friends in case one of us isn't on.

Unknown said...

I've just been selling my mining CD so far. I rarely farm these days so that's an extra source of gold.

I'd go with the pvp route too for the mount unless your really close to exalted.

Darraxus said...

I have certainly thought about the PvP route, but the way PvP is on my Battelgroup, it would take roughly 25 WSG and AB before I got her enough marks. Also, I dont want her to get burned out PvP as it is a nice activity to do once in a while.

She is still a total nooblet, so I dont mind helping her out. I figure its the price I pay for her enjoying an activity that I love with me.

Tom said...

With the new patch all those grey guys in gnomeran should give full rep. Couldn't you just run down there and kill everything.... i think that would give you the most rep.

Fettsbounty said...

/faceslap. That's right full rep on greys now. Hell I may just join u in farming that rep at this point, need to finish getting old-world factions exalted for the mount achievements anyways. I can just run around with fan of knives hehe.

Darraxus said...

I was unsure of if the guys in gnomer actually gave rep. If this is the case, it should not be a problem at all to farm the rep. Go in, wipe it out, rinse and repeat. Ill check it out when I get home.

Pixelated Executioner said...

Back on the PVP train, though, one thing to consider is Alterac Valley. Every single turn-in you do in AV gets you rep with ALL FIVE Alliance reputations (even though it only shows that you're gaining with one at a time). Just gotta remember to loot all those corpses and make trips back to Dun Baldar from time to time.