Thursday, June 14, 2012

D3 can get tedious without friends.

My game time has been pretty much split three ways these days. I have been playing D3, WoW, and MW3. D3 has seen its play time dwindle a little bit due to friends playing other games *cough* minecraft *cough*.

D3 is still enjoyable, but to maximize my time in game, I have to undertake a run that I have done many times unless I feel compelled to group with random people who may or may not be terrible. I have not been so compelled, especially since they raised the repair bills. I didnt mind zerging champion mobs before, but when you pay 10k after wiping several times, it gets annoying.

Another thing making the game somewhat tedious is the spike in difficulty between Act 1 and Act 2. I can go through the entire last part of act 1 without getting close to dying. I feel like I can't even defeat a single elite pack in Act 2. It feels like going from taking on level 85 mobs at level 85 in WoW to suddenly facing level 90s at the same level. It is a pain in the ass.

I really want to progress through the game, but gear is incredibly expensive, and farming for gear is just not viable if you have less than 12 hours a day to do so.

So in the meantime, I have been doing a run or two in Diablo 3, then spending a bit of time shooting stuff in MW3. I am actually looking forward to the PvP aspect of WoW when it arrives as an alternate way to play.

No comments: