Well, first of all, I just wanted to say that I made my first sale on the RMAH. I sold some item or other for 7 dollars, of which I received 6. My goal is to make enough money on the RMAH now to purchase MoP for my wife and I.
In other news, I spent quite a lot of time leveling over the weekend on my Demon Hunter. I finished all of normal, and am now in act 1 of Nightmare. So far, I have died a couple of times, but overall have found the DH playstyle to be pretty easy. The hardest boss to face was Diablo as I ended up joining a group to kill him. I kept getting killed in phase two by my shadow clone. I am currently level 33 or 34.
Now, on to the new patch and what I think about some of the changes.
1) Reporting another player using the Report > Spam option will now mute that player for the duration of your gaming session
Thank god. I reported the hell out of gold spammers, but it did not previously put the on ignore.
2) High-end items (items level 61-63) will now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty
Inferno - Act I
iLvl 61: 17.7%
iLvl 62: 7.9%
iLvl 63: 2.0%
This will be a nice change and actually give people farming act 1 a chance to pick up some of the better items without having to die a million times in other acts.
3) Repair costs have been increased for item levels between 53 and 63
Well this kinda sucks. I have big enough repair bills as it is. I think they also lowered monster damage, which would help out. Will these even out? There are also a bunch of nerfs for drops from bodies, breakable objects, weapon racks. Kinda sucks.
4) Items level 50 and above will now display their item level in the tooltip
This will be nice for finding actual upgrades as well as flipping on the gold or RMAH.
5) The gold cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50%
The number of Pages of Blacksmithing, Tomes of Blacksmithing, or Tomes of Secrets required to level the Blacksmith has been reduced
Base levels now require 1 page/tome, down from 5
Milestone levels now require 2 pages/tomes, down from 5
Thank god! Now I can finish leveling my BS when I get home and learn two new recipes that I have sitting in my bags!
6) The gold and material cost to combine gems ranks 2-8 has been reduced
Combinations for these ranks now only require 2 gems, down from 3
The gold cost to combine each rank of gems is now as follows:
Rank 2: Flawed: 10 gold (down from 500 gold)
Rank 3: Regular: 25 gold (down from 750 gold)
Rank 4: Flawless: 40 gold (down from 1250 gold)
Rank 5: Perfect: 55 gold (down from 2000 gold)
Rank 6: Radiant: 70 gold (down from 3500 gold)
Rank 7: Square: 85 gold (down from 7500 gold)
Rank 8: Flawless Square: 100 gold (down from 20,000 gold)
Woohoo. I have been saving all of me gems and will now turn them all into Flawless Squares at the least.
7) Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced
THANK YOU!!!! Maybe I can make some progress on my Barbarian now!
8) Wasps in Act II, Mage Constructs in Act II, and Winged Mollocks in Acts III and IV will now run away less
Thank god. This was hell on melee. Especially the fucking wasps. FUCK THOSE WASPS.
Overall, I think that there were several very awesome changes as well as a couple of annoying ones. I am interested to try some of these changes out tonight.