Friday, June 15, 2012

D3 RMAH: Want to make a fortune? Think again.

There were people who made a decent amount of money in the first couple of days of the RMAH. That will certainly go down as competition goes up.

Blizzard takes a pretty big cut. I read a funny post here Diablohead about selling something for the RMAH minimum ($1.25) and coming out with a whopping .25 cents. Blizzard and Paypal get 1 dollar. You get 25 cents. EXCELLENT!!!!

Yet another reason I will probably no be doing anything on the RMAH. I won't say I will never use it, but as of right now, it is not looking good. I will never buy any gear off of it.

This is going to be a great way for Blizzard to make a killing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet... he sold something of no real value (pixels and a database entry) that was probably a drop he got along the way and came out 25 cents ahead. That there is an environment where you can earn anything at all seems amazing.

Darraxus said...

That is true, however, you are not likely to make a living doing this kind of thing. I may try it out at some point, but am unsure.

Bearness said...

For me, I came to conclusion it'll be very unlikely that I try RMAH although I'll use gold auction house for buying/selling (mostly selling due to ridiculous buyout prices). I'm sure I have some items that will sell for something. But, I know for a fact I won't make a fortune. And I don't know what tax-related repercussions will be there. Last but not least, I find all the transaction fees prohibitive. While it's definitely enticing to imagine turning virtual items into real cash, it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides, I like enjoying a game as a game, not as a money maker. Maybe that would've been a dream job for me when I was a kid, but I think that boat has sailed. Haha.

Bearness said...

Wow, just read that Korean government banned all sales of virtual items (even for gold, not just RMAH). And they banned gold-farming with bots as well. You can even get jail time in addition to fine. I guess you definitely won't be making a fortune with D3 over there...