Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Diablo 3: Still Somewhat of a Gear check

Last night I played a bit of D3 with my buddy. We did some of act 2 since that is where he was stuck pre-patch.

He had a lot less resist all than me and was using a two hander (we are both Barbarinos). I died about two times and he died probably close to a dozen.

What usually ended up happening is that he would have to kite one of the elite mobs around while I was killing the other 2 or 3.

I suppose that the Paragon levels will help out, but there will be a lot of dying before now and then. We cleared up through Magdha, which was further than he had gotten before.

I will most likely continue to help him through the act. He prefers to use a two hander, but the one he has does not have the most ideal stats due to it being rolled under the old system. And it is incredibly slow.

When it comes down to it, Diablo 3 is still a big ole gear check. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

I am about 4-5 bubbles into my first Paragon level. Woohoo!!

4 comments:

Bearness said...

D3 definitely has more gear checks than D2. But, I found that respecing also makes a huge difference, especially for certain bosses like Ghom.

Darraxus said...

The bad thing is that you lose your Nephalem stacks. They need to make it so you can respec without losing them.

Bearness said...

I kind of understand why they made you drop Valor when you respec. But, I agree it'd be better if they let you respec.

By the way, I meant I respecced when I was trying to progress and got stuck on some boss. For farm runs, of course I wouldn't respec due to Valor.

Ngita said...

In some ways I am finding Nightmare act 4 harder right now for a leveling 5x character then inferno on a 60 with few paragon levels. My gear is good enough that I live longer, kill faster etc, 600 resist all vs 60 resist all.