Thursday, February 4, 2010

Real Azeroth Heroes (Part 9)


Darraxus presents: Real Azeroth Heroes

(Real Azeroth Heroes)

Today we salute you Mr. Weird Accents on the Letters of your name Guy

(Weird Accents on your name yeah!)

You think your name is incredibly unique. With the umlauts and other foreign marks over your name, you are a true master of language.

(Except I cant invite you to group now)

Just like you, I enjoy a good unique name

(Arthaspwnzers with some periods over the letters and squigglys elsewhere)

So, keep being a bastion of naming knowledge. Everyone who tries to invite you manually or whisper you will REALLY appreciate it.

(Still cant invite you to a fucking group guy!)

So Mr. Weird Accents on the Letters of your name Guy, have a bud on me and enjoy never getting into a raid. The only thing worse than your gear is you name.

(Mr. Weird Accents on your name Guyyyyyyyyyy!)


On a side note, I really fucking hate all of those special characters. Seriously. They are irritating. And I don't know how to type them.

12 comments:

Ken Dollar said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post. I'm right there with you.

"D" said...

Ha, I hate that, too. I have some addon that fills in the rest of the name from my friend's list if I type the first couple of letters in the chat box.

But I also have a friend who has an accent over the FIRST letter of every one of his toons. Annoying! I can't even type the first letter for the auto-fill.

And the auto-fill addon doesn't do it for calendar invites. Guess who doesn't get invited until last minute?

Eversor said...

agreed!

River said...

I love these..instant classic.

Heywood Djiblomi said...

Í rêàllý hátë ït tõö. Sòóôõö ãññôÿíñg...

=)

Select them with Character Map (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map), or hold Alt and type (on the Num pad) a four-digit number in the 0191 to 0255 range. There are more, but this covers phonetic characters - the character map will give the "keyed" equivalent, if applicable, too.

Heywood Djiblomi said...

And, oh yeah - it doesn't appear until you release the Alt key.

Arioch said...

But they ran out of ways to spell Legolas and Sephiroth!

Darth Solo said...

Maaan tell me about it! People who use those special characters are lacking imagination, to say the least. Yeah, try inviting one in a group.

Fettsbounty said...

At least now we can shift click their names into the /invite. Just not good when the person hasn't whispered you and its some other member who suggests him and doesn't even tell u about the squigly/dots

Anonymous said...

I take it none of you xenophobes play on EU/Russian servers eh? North Americans ffs.

IndistinctChattr said...

Totally agree!

Anex said...

Haha I totally agree! You have to know the alt codes to do half of these.. I generally just right click their name if they have already spoken elsewhere. It's really annoying. In English lanuage realms these should all be turned off.