Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth!


So, this is a post about whispering your competitors in a hostile or less than friendly way. Don't do it.

Sure, getting undercut is annoying, but it is just the cost of business. What happens when you message someone to be a smartass? You make it personal.

You just turned a competitor into someone who is going to do everything they can to piss you off more and get you out of the market. That is assuming that they are like me.

I am going to make my gold. That is a given. If you are going to be a rude little twat to me, I am going to make you eat a bowl of dick. You will be undercut every chance I get.

There are only a few reasons you should ever talk to your competition:

1) You are wanting to work together.
2) You are just bullshitting and sharing information
3) You want to build a "friendship" so that they will be less cutthroat.

You may notice taht all of these things benefit you...as they should. Never communicate out of anger. You will end up getting more angry because you just revealed to that person how they can really push your buttons.

So as the title says....know you role and shut your mouth. Or lose profits.

2 comments:

Arioch said...

This one on the official forums might amuse you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2927093232

I happen to know the guy(s) behind Ahmule and we all find it very amusing.

Darraxus said...

I will check it out. Thanks!