Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Do you feel Entitled?

When it comes to WoW, I know I do sometimes. Obviously none of these imaginary pixels actually belong to me, but there are certain instances when I felt that they should have. The last two times incidentally have been on my Warlock in VoA.

I am a big time backer of rewarding based on performance....which is why pugs may piss me off from time to time.

First instance where I felt entitled was when I lost some T9 gear to a Warlock doing about half the DPS and less than half that damage I was doing. The second came yesterday when I lost the T 8.5 leggings to a warlock doing 1.1k DPS....in 25 man VoA. That probably translates to about 800 DPS outside of a 25 man (see my previous post). He was well and truly last in damage and DPS, well below the tanks.

Was I a bit of a dick about it? You bet I was. I hate seeing people rewarded for shitty performance. I quipped "Well, that should help your 1.1k dps". I then went AFK and did nothing on Archavon to collect my free three emblems. I still ended up with more damage done that that lock depsite sitting out AN ENTIRE BOSS.

Am I a dick sometimes? Yeah, big whoop. Do I feel entitled? Sure. Who wouldnt think they deserve a nice upgrade over some pudendum who apparently doesnt know what the fuck to do? (Thank you Onyxia Wipe Animation for that one).

So, if you are reading this rant and doing 800 DPS at level 80. Please.....GTFO OUT OF MY RAID!!!! Thank you.

8 comments:

What's my main Again? said...

I run with a psuedo pug group every week for 25 mans... we have a loot rule in place that if you deal less damage in the tank, or die to something completely avoidable, like fire or icehowl's charge, then you are ineligible for loot.

We have had some terrible dps "feel entitled" to loot after doing something stupid. They typically ragequit and then get made fun off while we find someone else.

Darraxus said...

That sound like a good rule. Unfotunately it probably wouldnt work in a full pug unless I ran it.

Antigen said...

I wish I could just set my paladin on auto-attack and go make a delicious turkey sandwich sometimes, like these 800 DPS-ers must do, but I care too much about my DPS to do that.

They're MY deeps. Mine.

Anonymous said...

Another reason why I always form pugs for 25/10man raids (i.e. Ony, VoA, ToTc). That way I can liberally boot poor performers without even a discussion or withhold loot from sub 1K dpsers. It is a pain sometimes to lead but as the old saying goes, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

Ctrein-Dalaran

Anonymous said...

Ran hc AN on my shaman last night with a pug as it was the daily. Destro lock did 900 dps on Anub WITH bloodlust. His response, well "I did 5.4k on Onyxia earlier" yeah sure you did. We beat the achievement timer by the way.

Fish said...

yeah, I don't see how it's possible to do that little damage at 80. I mean I don't care much for retribution, my pally is not geared that great and I am BARELY at hit cap (I'm actually a lil below, but I figured 7.9%/8% is close enough) and I still manage around 2500 DPS. I mean all you have to do is stand there and hurl spells and move occasionally. . .

my shammy does more than 1100 DPS and he's 78 and not even all in blues.

Kusamoto said...

I have to echo Fish. I just got to NR on my main (again), who is specced as an Arms DPS slot machine. Unless something fundamentally changes over the next 12 levels, I can't see doing less than 2k DPS at 80 with him. As it stands right now, I'm occasionally 3 and 4 shotting 69s if I get lucky and everything procs, and this is in some pretty standard blues and greens with the Arkadian Claymore. I just don't get how an even decently-geared DPS class could do less than 1.5k at 80. It makes very little sense :-\

Darraxus said...

Makes no sense to me either. I was doing 1600 at level 74 on my Ret Pally. People are just full of fail sometimes.